Thursday, August 4, 2011

Did "cheating" just ruin my chances of getting into an ivy league?

So here's the story, a friend was sick and didn't read a passage for an english test we had, and I told him what chapters the test was on.... after he took the test, he told the teacher that I helped him "cheat" to achieve a higher score on the test. The TEACHER told us that the test was going to be on the following chapters too... so basically, I was accused of cheating, which I really didn't do, but it went on my disciplinary record. The other kid basically tried to set me up because he's really unstable, and is a total jerk to me whenever he doesn't need my help, then nags me and plays all nice when he is desperate. I still have a cummulative unweighted GPA of 4.0 (never cheated on a test to raise my score), I have been on varsity soccer, track and field and cross country since freshman year (so basically, 12 varsity letters by graduation), I will have taken 12 weighted classes by the time I graduate. Do I still have a chance to get into a good ivy league college (Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Princeton)?

No comments:

Post a Comment