Monday, August 8, 2011

Is chronic body pain/aches a recognized symptom of Multiple Sclerosis?

I have just recently been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis within the last few months. I am only 23 years-old and my doctor has put a priority on beginning treatment (Rebif), which I am scheduled to do at my next visit. I have been experiencing leg numbness/tingling paired with dizziness since this all began four months ago. I also have body aches and pains (i.e. back pain, achey joints etc.). While tingling extremities and dizziness are both universally accepted symptoms of MS, chronic pain is not. As you may know, MS is considered a disabling disease and historically (and ignorantly) doctors have not considered it a painful one. I have done tons of research on the idea of pain and MS and there's not a whole lot of information out there. Is body aches and pains, mainly not feeling "fresh" and kind of feeling like you just worked out the day before, a normal symptom? I am just curious and am trying to get as much information on my new roommate ( aka Multiple Sclerosis). I am all for any information and advice that you guys can give. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment